One of the very first Big Race Car Transporters on the racing scene, parked here at the Palm Springs Airport in November 1956. The hot-rodded GMC tractor hauled this Fruehauf trailer designed to carry three race cars and fitted with stove, refrigerator, sink, well-stocked liquor and Champagne bar, and four pull-down sleep bunks. The two John Edgar-owned Ferraris are (left) the former factory 1954 Le Mans-winning 375 Plus s/n 0396AM (rebodied by Scaglietti) and the 1955 Carroll Shelby-driven Palm Springs-race winning 410 Sport s/n 0598CM. An Edgar 550 Porsche Spyder rests snugly inside the famous, gleaming rig topped with observation deck from which Gary Cooper, among others, watched the Palm Springs sports car road races. Edgar Motorsport Archive Photo by Lester Nehamkin.